21.5.11

Organic Gardening: My Backyard Supermarket



Update! I took advantage of the first sunny day we've had in the past week and a half, and I finally got my garden up and running. Blimey, ain't she a beaut! I bought most of my plants at a local greenery (which proved to be the cheapest and best quality) and a few at Home Depot (which was almost double the price of the greenery). I've impressed myself for not going plant-buying overboard, but I definitely crammed in as many vegetables humanly possible. I've got lettuce (I've had some already and it's incredibly crisp and delicious), red and yellow onions, zucchini, and eggplant in the front bed. Then my back bed is pretty much an ode to tomatoes (Early-girl, Roma, and Celebrity), and then some cucumbers and bell peppers (yellow, green and red) squeezed in. Hopefully my grid layout proves successful but only time will tell. I feel like an expectant mother (Try me, Octomom), and now all I can do is wait.

I love having my own fresh food source right in my backyard. Having a garden has increased my cooking ability (like a Sim who fulfills a skill point), and taught me patience and hard work; every vegetable is an accomplishment. Hopefully my green thumb expands into a full arm accessory.

0 comments:

 

Eat Simply. Live Healthy. Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger