10.9.11

Like My Blood Type: B Positive


Way back when I was starting college, my mom bought me a positive affirmations book with matching CD. It was one of those gifts that I'd never buy for myself, but my mom sneakily disguise as an "I love you" gift... so, of course, I had to accept. I thought I'd give it a chance. A few more "I can do it"-s couldn't hurt; but, as much as I wanted to have that epiphany, the woman on the CD was too Mary Poppins for my liking. Probably not the best response to a positive affirmations book.

Before you think I'm down playing the benefits of positive thinking, just be patient. I've never written about a book recommendation, but I'm making an exception for this book. In my Sales Management class, we're reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I'm only on the third chapter, but I know this book will already be life altering. Stephen R. Covey is the author and he writes about 7 habits that lead to positive personal change. To put it simply, he's a genius.



He writes a lot about positive affirmations (proactive thinking), but illustrates it in a more interesting and insightful way. Most everything he talks about is common sense, but it's a nice refresher of attitudes and mentalities we forget about during hectic days. It's not always easy to have power over our own attitudes because, honestly, sometimes we just want to be lazy, annoyed or pissed off. But, this book depicts how our moods are ultimately our own decisions; while also describing how proactive/reactive thinking affects our mentality and those around us.

This book is powerful stuff; it's like a How-To Guide on being successful within ourselves.

Has anyone read it? If not, I think everyone could benefit from reading what Covey has to say. It will change your life.

  

0 comments:

 

Eat Simply. Live Healthy. Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger