18.1.12

Kale is King: All Hail Kale

I love salt, so much that I would make a sodium podium and preach from it daily. I love peanuts, popcorn, jerky and potato chips....Mmmmm chips. A new bag of chips is like opening a can of worms.... actually I never understood that expression but it applies to the point I'm trying to get across. It takes an intangible and god-like power to resist polishing off an entire bag. So, since this is obviously impossible... I have a chip alternative: Kale.



Kale is king. It represents a love child made by broccoli and seaweed and also is one of the most nutritious vegetables! It's high in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. There's 18 kcals in a 1/2 cup and 0 fat. But the most fascinating thing that I discovered about kale is that it takes on a salty- chip consistency when baked... I present to you kale chips. Call me crazy (it won't be the first time), but these chips are a great and healthier alternative to the fatty and oily potato chips, plus they're super simple to make.


         What you'll need:
  • A bushel of kale
  • Oven
  • Pan
  • Aluminum foil
  • S/P for seasoning
First, pre-heat the oven to 350. Perfect. Now, line the pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray to avoid sticking. Shuck the washed leaves of the stalks and scatter on the pan (there's no need for the stalks for this recipe). Spinkle with some salt if desired but I find naked kale to be kind of salty so salt with caution. Next, bake for 10-15 minutes andddd wait.





Here's a joke while you wait:

What did the lettuce say to the celery? 
......
......
......
A: Quit stalking me!

HAHA!



Kale's done! Voila!













0 comments:

 

Eat Simply. Live Healthy. Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger