28.12.11

Homemade Scones Recipe


I was feeling crafty and was itching to bake, so what says I'm crafty more than a big batch of scones? Nothing, that's what. I was also feeling lazy, so I bought a delicious box mix. I conveniently took a picture of the back of the box (you're welcome). I substituted half&half for the heavy cream to give this recipe a healthier edge.


I loved this recipe because it was a blank slate to whatever flavor I wanted to create. I made two batches of scones, cranberry orange and vanilla chocolate-chip. Nom, nom, nom.


              

For the cranberry orange dough, I threw in fresh cranberries and ground orange peel. The chocolate-chip batch included mini chips and a few dashes of vanilla extract.


Warning #1: Scone batter is addictive and tastes way too delicious for its own good. I was contemplating not cooking them and just eating the dough but realized Dough Boy is not a sexiest of looks.

Warning #2: The batter is also very sticky when diving it up into triangular scone shapes. 
Be patient and eat dough when frustrated :)



               



Voila! Homemade scones.... kinda. 

Happy New Years!




0 comments:

 

Eat Simply. Live Healthy. Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger