23.12.11

Healthy Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Dip


Merry Christmas! I'm so happy to be on break from school aka I have time to blog! I also have time to bake again which I always try so hard to do at school, but graduate school had increased my liking for frozen meals and anything microwaveable. So even more reason to indulge myself in yummy home cooked holiday meals. 

I have a small family, but we cook like we're the Duggars. My mom and aunt are constantly wanting to make and buy more food. We should change Merry Christmas to Merry Eating Olympics. I'm always hearing "ah but don't you think we should make another pie" (no, we already have 5) and "do you think we'll have enough food (there's only 7 of us, mom, and we have enough food to feed a small country)." We eat well to put it simply. I try to keep up with my exercise so my body doesn't go into a temporary food coma, but sometimes it is inevitable.

Anyways, this year I have taken it upon myself to help with the cooking. So, after careful consideration from Chef Aunt Ree Ree (her name is Laurie, but I could never say it as a child so she has been dubbed "Ree Ree") I have been graciously assigned.... dip (and also the breakfast basket which I'll elaborate in my next post!) I will make the greatest dip of all man kind. 

I have been dying to make this chocolate-chip cookie dough dip which is made from chickpeas. It's simple and healthy and I'm all excited to lick the spoon.


     What you'll need:
  • A 15-ounce can of chickpeas
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • A pinch of baking soda
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (or nut butter)
  • 1/4 cup milk (or soy milk)
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar (or Stevia.... I actually didn't use either because the dip was sweet enough)
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.... I used Minis, they are the perfect size for this recipe!


     What to do:
1. Combine all ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a food processor or blender. Process until the mixture is smooth and reaches a texture that is similar to cookie dough. 
2. Stir in the chocolate chips. 
3. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. This dip goes great with graham crackers or fruit!




0 comments:

 

Eat Simply. Live Healthy. Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger