27.7.11

Yoga Pants with a Purpose: My Hot Yoga Experience

Finally, I am wearing my yoga pants for the purpose the yoga gods intended! I am partaking in hot yoga tomorrow! Here are my initial thoughts: I'm really looking forward to it, but have never done a hot session before (My first "cool" yoga class was last week and I was incredibly sore). All I know about hot yoga is that it's Bikram yoga in an oven. As of now, I don't think the heat sounds too awful but I'll probably be sweating my words tomorrow at 6pm.

I just Googled this because I was clueless, but Bikram yoga is a set of 26 poses and breathing exercises taught in a room at a minimum of 100 degrees. Each pose focuses on a certain part of the body while bestowing power health benefits. The heat is suppose to warm the muscles to prevent injury and increase flexibility. At the end of the session every muscle, tendon, joint, ligament, and organ has been activated and been refreshed with oxygenated blood. Woo, works ya from the inside out!



I think I'll be great at Pose 13



Before I start bending into Gumbi poses, I have been quipped with a few tips:

  1. Bring a towel for my mat because without one my mat will become an instant Slip n' Slide.
  2. Bring another towel for my sweaty face.
  3. Water, water, water! I need to drink before, during, and after so I don't get dehydrated.
  4. Don't eat a lot for at least an hour before the session or my meal will Bikrun back up. 
  5. and, of course, wear little to less clothing. The only time where no shirt and no shoes will get you service.
I have always wanted to be one of those people who could wear yoga pants for their intended meaning. I want to be able to say Oh sorry I can't, I have yoga. I would love to be able to get into enough where I find it relaxing and refreshing for my physical and mental  health. I want to be a mean, green, bending and breathing machine. I can't wait for the post-session when I'm a sweaty yet rejuvenated pig.  I'll post my experience after my sweaty-self gets a shower!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I can feel your excitement just by reading your post! And you really prepared for this class! Job well done! Well, Bikram yoga is quite different from your traditional yoga, as this involves heat and sweating. Remember that the heat is your friend. Let your body cool down a bit before jumping into the shower.

-Saundra Cortese

 

Eat Simply. Live Healthy. Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger