14.6.11

My Ode to Only 8

 
Summer is the time of the year for sun, fun, and ice cream. I love ice cream, but it doesn't love me back. I've tried to fight it, but the frozen custard always triumphs in success while I cry with tummy troubles. Luckily, my summers became brighter; my skies bluer; and my body happier all with one discovery: Only 8. Like O'Soy, Only 8 has been a delicious answer to my prayers.


This isn't a pity post about my lactose intolerant-ism (I'm proud of who I am, thank you), but a recommendation to all health conscious individuals who succumb to their monstrous sweet tooth. Only 8 is a low-fat, low-calorie, low carb, glucose-free, cholesterol-free, lactose-free, and diabetic friendly frozen yogurt. With only 32 calories per half cup, this treat also instantly becomes guilt-free. The name comes from its "only 8" ingredients: Water, Fructose, Grade A Kosher Whey, Whey Protein Concentrate, Maltodextrin, Natural Flavorings & Stabilizers, Calcium, and Active Yogurt Cultures (4 different kinds).

 As of now, Only 8 just offers a few basic flavors (I've had chocolate, vanilla, and peanut butter), so it's not as bedazzled as a scoop of Moose Tracks or Mint-Ting-A-Ling, but (and don't get me wrong) it's pretty darn tasty for a delicious and healthy alternative. And I'm willing to bet, if I was to conduct a taste test between regular vanilla soft-serve with hot fudge and nuts vs. vanilla Only 8 with hot fudge and nuts...it'd be a close call. Plus Only 8 will save you probably at least 200 calories! I'm sold, especially since I can get it with rainbow sprinkles, cha-ching.


The only thing I've been disappointed in, is how uncommon Only 8 is; it is so hard to find an Only 8 vendor! Luckily the ice cream place down the my street offers it, but it's surprising when healthier alternatives are increasing in popularity. Yes, I know when an individual craves ice cream, he or she is not usually thinking how many calories are in my triple mocha fudge swirled milkshake? or will this large sundae with whipped cream, hot fudge, nuts, sprinkles and a cherry on top go to my thighs?, but it's nice to have healthier options when welcomed. I recommend trying Only 8 if given the opportunity, your taste buds and waist line will thank you.

0 comments:

 

Eat Simply. Live Healthy. Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger